Friday 1 March 2013

Fridays

Fridays are special (and sometime disastrous) 'Mummy and Esme' days, where we mostly try and spend quality time together. For anyone with a three year old going on four you will know that this can sometimes be a day from hell (especially as we are going through a 'I need to control all' phase), but today has been super special. We just pottered, but it was pleasant pottering. We made some princess crowns, one for Es and then offcourse one for the delectable 'Treacle'. Treacle is Esme's special little companion that has been around since birth and it is fair to say that (three bears later) we are even more attached than ever. Offcourse there is the constant fear of loosing the last (oh help us!). Es also had to make her own crown, which I have to say is my fave.


                                                









After some time crafting, we snuggled up onto her bed and read fairy tales for hours. I just love days like this! I think our two furry friends shared the vibe.
   
                                   



To top it all the postie bought me some special stuff today. Yes, I am finally going to venture into the world of crocheting with a hook smaller than a 3. I now have crochet cotton and a 1.25, 1.50, 1.75 and size 2 hooks (ooh exciting!!). After my last attempt to do a crochet edge to a tea towel with crochet cotton and a size 4 hook, I felt it may look much better with thinner cotton, so the proof will be in the pudding.

                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment