Monday 10 June 2013

Sea sand and Southport

Some times it is good to rebel against the norm, and live a little on the wild side and that is exactly what I did this weekend!


Usually our weekends revolve around me getting enough time in bed during the day, but this weekend with a promise for more glorious weather I simply felt the rebel in me cry out for a bit of action, so we packed the car and headed for Southport. Sometimes a girls got to do what a girls got to do regardless of the consequences! We have never been to Ainsdale before, but with its easy access it was the perfect beach for us. Access is always one of the first things we need to look at, can I walk the small distance and/or is it wheelchair friendly?! You can imagine just how impressed I was when we could park on the beach!! I was completely speechless when we arrived, the beach was massive, I honestly don't think I have ever seen such a big beach in England and to top it, it was really sandy.




I bought this lovely windbreaker from Deja vu a great vintage shop in Macclesfield. I love everything about this shop, it is filled to the brim with vintage things, furniture, clothes, everything a vintage addict like myself could want. I was warned in advance that a windbreaker may come in handy, and it most certainly did.



The water was surprisingly warm and the kids had such fun paddling in the water, little J being a bit more adventurous than his little sis who simply wanted to splash and build sandcastles.




I really enjoyed just sitting with the kids and building sandcastles and an alligator (with holes in the top so it can breathe (heehee!))
 
 
 

When we arrived there weren't that many people there and the beach looked deserted, but towards the end of the day around 4.30 there were loads of people and yet the beach still looked empty. 

My lovely yarn accompanied me for the journey there and back and I also enjoyed some quiet time with my hook whilst the kids and Dad went exploring the dunes, it was bliss. I have a couple of projects on the go at the moment and I should hopefully be able to share at least one of these with you very soon.

 
We never manage to go anywhere without the kids demanding ice cream, and this time it was a double flake, oh boy naughty but nice!
 
 
The perfect day!
 
 
 
Wishing you all a very happy Monday.
Hannapat
xoxo 
 



 

17 comments:

  1. A truly perfect day for your family! You've created wonderful memories for your children...and I want a bite of that ice cream! Double Flake! ;-) cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Chrissie, yes it certainly will be happy memories xo

      Delete
  2. Oh Hannapat your lovely post revived so many memories for me. I grew up not far from Ainsdale beach and we would go there all the time when I was small. I have lovely memories of my darling Dad and younger brother (both sadly not with us anymore. Your pictures bought a tear to my eye when I recalled those happy days. I love your blog and thank you for sharing so much with us.
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Dorothy so sorry to hear that your Dad and brother is no longer with you, it must be hard. I am so happy to hear that the post has brought back some happy memories for you. Thanks for your lovely comments, it is wonderful to share this with all you lovely people! xoxo

      Delete
  3. glorious!...my weekend was spent dodging rain drops and shivering!....yours looks better! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip might just have to agree there, but then again you do have summer when its summer. Its raining again here, so I will be joining in with the dodging game :-) xo

      Delete
  4. A double flake? Your kids hit the jackpot!

    Deja vu sounds like a great shop. I like the way you have set up your little space on the beach. It's kind of like your den or a pop up beach shack.

    I spy with my little eye some lovely crocheting. I guess you must be responsible, clever lady! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! I mean how are you suppose to avoid buying them when they make them the biggest picture on the van?! Definitely a treat xo

      Delete
  5. What a delightful day. I agree sometimes you've got to be spontaneous & to hell with the payback! I hope the day out didn't take too much out of you. I seem to be having a better week so far which is nice, I'll take it while I can! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear that my lovely Leisa, enjoy it whilst you can my dear. Its all sloping here xo

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic day, made even better by the fact they aren't always possible! Stunning beach! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a nice spot you created! I bet in the summer hols that beach will be busy, well fingers crossed for a sunny one anyway. that ice cream looks nice! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post which brought back lots of happy memories- Ainsdale beach was a favourite when I was small and also somewhere we often took our children - such fun but always needed a wind break xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, its always going to be going with now xo

      Delete
  9. Its a massive beach isn't it, on a clear day we can see across from Lytham to Southport, it looks almost as thogh we could walk across. In fact many have tried to swim across from Southport to Blackpool as it looks so near, with not good results I should add as the currant in the estuary is very strong x

    ReplyDelete