Thursday 20 June 2013

Milestones

On Tuesday I joined the 40s club and if this is what 40 is all about I am well and truly up for it!


I had the most perfect couple of days made so special by very special people in my life. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. I was so touched by every little effort. My friends and family really went out of their way to make my day one to remember and I love them even more for it (if that is possible).
 
 
A couple of my besties came over with home made lemon meringue pie (made gluten and dairy free, I was so touched) and biscuits so we could enjoy a girlie afternoon doing what girls do best, chatting and eating and boy we did a good job. One of my lovely and dearest friends, who made the pie (and bless also stood in it shortly after making it, ha!), brought me this wonderful painting of pink Camellia's (a fave) painted by her very talented mother especially for me (how wonderful is that?!) and a beautiful old galvanised tin bucket filled with lavender and beautiful campanula flowers. She also gave me THE most beautiful flower arrangement that she made up, but unfortunately the pictures really don't do it any justice, such a shame.
 
 
It was filled with lovely stocks, roses, Irises geraniums, and so much more.
 
 
This very gorgeous butterfly in a frame was done for me by another friend and I just love it. It is such a simple idea, yet clever idea and like all her ideas they turn out amazingly and are always executed to perfection. She is such a very talented lady and I just love all her work. It is now looking rather gorgeous on my wall.
 


Another friend brought me this very gorgeous little pot with more purple flowers (not sure what they are? any ideas?). She did this rather lovely framed birthday card with a very lovely birthday message, which I think is just beautiful. She also gave me a gorgeous purple Cabbages and Roses scarf, note the very sweet vintage birthday card that came with it, I love it!


 
Another friend, fellow hooker (heehee) gave me two balls of this wonderful kidsilk haze, I think the colour is majestic. This is very new to me and haven't got a clue what I can make with it, but I have been warned that it can frog!?? Have any of you used this? I am looking forward to spending some time on Ravelry to draw some inspiration, don't you just love Ravelry for that?!
 
Now some of you might have picked up on the fact that everything I have received so far has a tint of purple to it, which I found rather fascinating as it is not my usual colour of choice, but I am taking it as a message and will be making more of an effort with this colour in the future. Years ago I did a make-up-make-over with Laura Mercier (a gift from a friend with some product) and I was told that plum was the colour that suited my skin the best, so I think it is time I listen, not that I often where eye shadow, I have to confess (too much effort), but then again, I am very soon going to have to start drawing the attention away from all the wrinkles and that might just be the answer right there.
 

 
Another gorgeous pressie from another special friend. Just loving the potting shed sign and also the little box for my seeds, have been looking for some inspiration on how to organise my seeds, so I will be looking no further. Also some vouchers to go and spend at the garden centre, well needless to say this 'oldie' is chuffed to bits!
 
 
 
This very gorgeous plate set from Magpie, which I cant say that I've heard of before, but I have since had a look at their website and they do some rather lovely things. This is a perfect present for me as I love anything with birds on and I am so looking forward to putting these on a wall very soon.
 
 
 
Something else I love, isn't it amazing how well friends know you. I feel so honoured to have such very special people in my life, they make my life such a pleasure to live! I am so looking forward to pampering myself with these. I already use the Rose and Geranium Shower gel and simply love it.


 
This very beautiful tea towel was purchased for me by such a dear friend when she went to Portugal and I love the beautiful crochet edging, it puts my tea towel edging to shame, that's for sure! She also spoilt me with some rather lovely smelling Cath Kidston products, which I am really looking forward to using.
 
Not to want to bore you with the others, I will move on to
 
 
the pressies from my very lovely family, I simply love all the blue here and can't wait to fill those lovely Greengate tins, not to mention filling these lovely Cath Kidston melamine set of three food containers with food for picnics or stacking them in the camper van (yip I'm still dreaming!). I am venturing into the world of quilting and this book about machine quilting looks really useful, but more on that when I actually get around to using it. Another crochet book filled with some lovely patterns and ideas and I am looking forward to trying some of these.
 
There was also a massive splurge from all family members who chipped together to buy me my own first Janome sewing machine. Both the machines I have used in the past are hand-me-downs, so it feels rather 'proper' and 'grown up' to be owning my own sewing machine. I am yet to use it, but first there is all the reading the manual malarkey, because I certainly don't want to break it. Then there is also now the pressure that I better make good use of it, and the problem that I can no longer blame the machine for all my errors (yikes!!).
 
 

 
 
On Tuesday night we went out for a lovely meal at Sutton Hall, a very beautiful former convent, once the manor house of the Earls of Lucan. We love going here as it has such a wonderful atmosphere and the food is excellent. It was the perfect end to a wonderful start of what I believe and hope to be a happy and healthier year. New life begins every day right?!
 
Also joining in with Lou at the Littlegreenshed's Nature in the Home series, week 16, and this weeks' theme is a gift, what I would call perfect timing! 
 
I hope you have all enjoyed your week so far, I can't quite believe it is almost Friday, time certainly flies when you're having fun. Wishing you all a happy week and weekend and looking forward to sharing some crochet with you next time.
 
 
 
Warm wishes
Hannapat
xoxo

32 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sweetheart! So you've joined my club, although I'm nearer to the exit now! Some beautiful gifts there, your home must smell divine! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Ada, pleased to be joining your club, I am sure it all just roll into one from here right?! xo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! What a wonderful array of presents - your friend and family love you a lot! Those bird plate are really nice, they'd look great displayed on a wall. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, yes really looking forward to putting those plates up, just need the little fixings for it now xo

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Hannapat and what wonderful gifts you received and so well deserved. Can't wait to see your new makes on your machine, how lovely. A really great post as always
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy, and yes the machine is wonderful having finally gotten around to using it this weekend! xo

      Delete
  4. Happy Birhday - sounds like you have been spoilt beautifully. What lovely gifts and amazing friends and family
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, yes I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people, they certainly enrich my life xo

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to you lovely Hannapat! Glad you had such a lovely day and what wonderful gifts! I really love the painting your friend's mum did for you, it's so lovely and gorgeous yarn...looking forward to seeing what you make with it.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much. Yes I am so fond of this gorgeous painting and it looks wonderful up. As for the yarn, well this could be interesting xo

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday, you have some beautiful and thoughtful gifts there.I really like magpie, I bought a friend the owl and hare plates from them for christmas. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. I saw the owl and hare plates and they are just wonderful. xo

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Lovely Lady!!!! I'll be turning the big 4-0 next year in July. I figure getting older has got to be better then the past 20 years...Onwards & upwards! How wonderful that you've been spoilt with such beautiful gifts. Your loved ones obviously know you well. Even though I've only known you for a short time I can imagine you are a blessing to so many people. The purple flowers in that tin are exquisite, & I love the Cath Kidston pretties too. I hope you are feeling okay after the festivities. Sending much love, Leisa. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely Leisa you are so sweet. Yes definitely with you on that one, each year brings new hope, its definitely an onwards and upwards motto for us gal! Thanks for your kind words lovely! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Happy happy birthday hp
    You deserved being spoilt! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hannapat - thank you so much for tracking me down for now I can enjoy your lovely blog too! What a delightful place you have here - I have had a quick look at your previous post as well as this one and have really enjoyed my first visit.
    Happy belated Birthday wishes to you - and weren't you spoiled - you are obviously well appreciated and loved by many!
    Looking forward to catching up again soon!
    Very best wishes to you,
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy for your kind words. I am so looking forward to getting to know you better xoxo

      Delete
  10. Hannapat,

    What a wonderful birthday. Some beautiful gifts, your friends were so thoughtful. I am in my 43rd year. It's not so bad. I don't have the legs of a twenty something, but it's a small price to pay for all the experience I have tucked under my belt.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne, it always good to hear of positive reviews of the 40s club. From what I hear its all good and so far so good (I am not that fussed about age really!). Yes I definitely think all that experience counts for a great deal, just wish it was only that tucked under my belt (haha)!! xoxo

      Delete
  11. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, Hannapat, and a wonderful year ahead! I loved seeing all your gorgeous and well deserved gifts! You have such kind and thoughtful family and friends :)
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen for your lovely wishes xoxo

      Delete
  12. happy birthday lovely!....you were spoilt!!...all yummy stuff too...love the bird plates. Hope your 40th year is a fab one. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, I am counting on that! xoxo

      Delete
  13. What a wonderful day you had! I just love all the pressies and especially the beautiful painting! wow! you were so spoilt by everyone and it is well deserved. About the age thing.. what I would give to be 40 again! But then again do I really want that? No, I don't think so. I'm happy where I am now, and that's the wonderful thing about being older. I have so many wonderful memories of you and your brother growing up and becoming the wonderful people that you are today. And now I can look forward to watching as my 4 granchildren turn into whatever they were intended to be. And it is so interesting to see that already each one has their own likes and dislikes and is developing into a beautiful person. Just hard that Josh and Es are so far away. Enjoy your gifts! I was hoping for a photo of the sewing machine because as you well know, that really gets me drooling. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ma, yes sorry I didn't show the pic of the sewing machine, will email you one! Yes I couldn't agree more all that wisdom in exchange for a few years younger, nah, and the joy of reliving it all again with your grandchildren must be so wonderful. Love you and missing you heaps! xo

      Delete
  14. Happy Birthday, what a wonderful selection of presents :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl it certainly was. Thank you for stopping by xoxo

      Delete
  15. What lovely presents you got! I especially like the butterfly in the frame...might have to try making that myself.

    Hapyp belated birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is such a clever idea and it works so well. Looking forward to see what you do with yours. Thanks for stopping by xoxo

      Delete
  16. Happy birthday! I'm a little late in congraulating you....I hope you had a lovely day! Your gifts are all adorable and I can't wait to see what you do with that yarn :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belated but bestest birthday wishes Hannapat. I'm glad you had a lovely day. Welcome to the big 4-0 club - of which, let's just say, I've been a member for a while. Ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete