Sunday 28 April 2013

Tulle Fairy Wands

 

These cute and easy to make tulle fairy wands take so little time to assemble and they have great impact. I found inspiration from this very lovely tutorial. I didn't follow it to the letter, as I am a bit rubbishy at following directions with these kinda things, (it's most probably that bossy part of me, ha!). I usually look at the pic and just get going, so mine most probably aren't as glam, but I thought they were cute and the kids love them.
 
So this is what you are going to need. Some wooden dowels, ribbon and a glue gun for the sticks and then loads of tulle, I bought three rolls of tulle from eBay for around £7 for the three (cheap as chips!). The good news is that I have loads left. I chose glitter gold, my fave, soft pink and ivory and mixed the three colours for the wands. I found the more glitter gold the better the impact. I then bought a variety of glittery, sequency and beady strings from our local fent shop and just wrapped these around the tulle so they could dangle down in a sparkly array of golds, purples and pinks, pretty pretty. 






 
 
 

I just did two bunches of around 4-6 layers of tulle per bunch and then tied the two bunches together, stick the dowel through, attach the sparkly and glittery bits and voila they're done. The size of the tulle is a very personal thing and I didn't measure, I just cut. I think it is quite nice to have some in different sizes, if you're doing more than one.

I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did. I can promise you that the kids will LOVE them. All the girls were overjoyed to receive one of these as a party favour at Es's party on Saturday. You can see more about this on the Fairy Princess Party blogpost I hope to do in the next day or so.

Do let me know how you get on making these or if you have made these before, I would love to hear about it.

Warm wishes
Hannapatxxx




1 comment:

  1. They look really effective. So much nicer to have a party favour with a bit of time and effort put into it than a bag of plastic tat !

    ReplyDelete