Tuesday 11 June 2013

Manchester Vintage Home Show

So the rebel in me was released and it didn't stop at Southport. We spent a couple of hours at the Manchester Vintage Home Show on Sunday, boy am I paying!
 
 
This vintage home show was held in the Victoria baths that date back to 1903, was open in 1906 is apparently seen as one of the most splendid municipal bathing institutions in England and I have to say we were very impressed with the architecture of this building.  
 




 
Little Es especially enjoyed this as she could run around in the empty swimming baths. It took the kids some time to get their heads around the fact that the men and woman had different pools to swim in and in fact we are still explaining. I love how these thoughts linger and they keep asking the same question over and over again.
 
 


There were stalls galore with retro this and retro that, but the prices were far from retro, it was pretty expensive.
 
 





 


 

Although there were a few vintage stalls it was definitely more geared towards the retro lover and you could have had a field day if you were a collector with a bit of cash! Even though I could have happily have spent a fortunate at the more traditional vintage tables, I managed to stay well within budget and still left with some rather lovely bits.
 
 
I have to confess that I do have a bit of a thing for a good jelly mould and this gorgeous round jelly mould was calling my name long before I got there.  I bought this lovely tablecloth (for an absolute bargain £2) and this very gorgeous scarf all the way from Milan for a steal.

 
I couldn't resist this very damaged picture, but for £2 it was perfect for little Es's room.
 

 
Some rather lovely Tits (for myself and not for the darling other half), although he did keep commenting about feeling rather lucky to be leaving with such lovely tits (heehee!).
 
and then

this very lovely eiderdown (another one to add to my collection). It's in mint condition and fits our King size bed perfectly. I felt overjoyed to be leaving with it for a very reasonable price considering the age, size and condition. One very happy camper!! All we need now is the camper van (I am still dreaming!)


 
So all in all it was the perfect weekend. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a weekend without rest, and one filled with such wonderful moments. Pure bliss worth every minute!!
 
Wishing you all a very lovely week and will hopefully be back with some crochet related posts soon.
Hannapat
xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Hannapat I just want to say a huge thank you for your lovely comments - being a new blogger is scary and quite lonely at times so a big hug for your visit. I am drooling, positively drooling at the vintage photographs, I adore vintage shows, I was on a dressmaking weekend but would have come to this - it would have been lovely to have met you in person! There is another vintage fair in Liverpool on the 28th June - we can't go to the Woolfest for the first time ever so I am going to get myself on the train to Liverpool and visit this lovely fair. Hannapat I really do love your blog thank you for sharing your wonderful posts with us.
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just so sorry it took me so long to find you and how pleased I am that I have. The Vintage fair in Liverpool sounds great. We have my son's birthday that weekend, so its a no go for me I am afraid. Maybe next time :-) xo

      Delete
  2. That eiderdown looks so cuddly, perfect for these few chilly rainy days! And well done you for finding those pretty bargains amongst the pricey show pieces...chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baths is somewhere I would like to visit, I remember it being on a restoration programme on TV a few years ago. The fiar looks good, but I know what you mean about prices at some of these fairs, it looks like you did well though, really like the jelly mould and the little girl picture x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worth a trip out Maria, its very impressive. xo

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed your interesting post today. I remember the Baths being restored too. Your vintage jelly mould and lovely eiderdown were wonderful finds!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'new' eidy's lovely, and my big girl has that same picture of the pretty pink girl hanging in her bedroom - small world eh?!
    Nice to read you had such a lovely, busy weekend without suffering any unwanted consequences x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh wow, def a small world. Wish it was without consequences, but at least it was worth it! xo

      Delete
  6. So many pretty things at that fair....my eye was drawn to those coffee pots & plate sets. Lovely scarf & how gorgeous is that eiderdown?! Those are so hard to come by here. I find spending my energy surrounded by things that inspire me (ie vintage) is good for the soul, even if the payback sucks. I had to laugh at the tits talk! Thanks so much for your email too. I look forward to responding soon. XXxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes all the plates, coffee pots (£50 each!!!) were lush. The Eiderdown is fab and good ones are also like gold teeth here, so a magic find. Payback is sucking big time, but hey priorities right with the vintage fix needs. Erm yes, well couldn't resist :-) xoxo

      Delete
  7. Hannapat the eiderdown s just divine! Love Es running around in the old pool! Great tml

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arghhhh great shot! Arrrr xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my eye was drawn to all that retro pottery! I would've had a field day in there. I can imagine it was pricey though, those sorts of places often are. But what a fun day out. I hope you got a chance to rest when you got home. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian the Pottery was amazing, but yes incredibly pricey! xo

      Delete
  10. What a great weekend. The vintage and retro fair looked fab, love those tea plate clocks! You bought some lovely things, the scarf is especially pretty.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I too loved the plate clocks, so simple yet so effective! xo

      Delete
  11. oh I think you walked away with the best stuff....yay for jelly moulds! and that little girl print is fab!. I remember visiting the Victoria baths back in the 90`s when I was travelling the UK as a young free whippersnapper. Great space for a fair! Al x

    ReplyDelete