Sunday 9 June 2013

Nature in the Home - a series (week 14)

I am ridiculously late for this week and in fact for the whole series of 'Nature in the Home', but having seen this wonderful link I simply can't resist any longer, so I am finally joining in with Lou  and this week the challenge is hedgerows.



For this I have made a posy of three hedgerows surrounding me, the wonderful and vibrant Gorse Hedgerow (get your gloves on!), mixed with the beautiful evergreen Laurel and some Privet. Hedges  add such value to wildlife by attracting a variety of animals and birds and by linking habitats together as well as offering passageways between other terrain. Its easy to forget that offer so much more than just demarcating and offering privacy.

 


I love this idea of embracing our home with something that signifies home to so many of our wildlife.


Warm wishes
Hannapat xoxo


3 comments: