Tuesday 16 April 2013

fleurs & picnics



 




 
It was a glorious day yesterday, which called for our second picnic of the year. Es sees her bestie every Monday and it turned out to be the perfect afternoon. Whilst preparing for our picnic the girls busied themselves with picking dandelions and daisies. I love how Es insist that it goes in pretty china (a girl after my own heart). They embraced the warmer weather and completely drank in the sunshine, it was such a delight to behold.

I love this time of year and it is so wonderful to see how the children evolve with each cyclical change and how it brings out different aspects of their little personalities, especially when they are lying on the ground pretending to be our cats ;D! How wonderful it is to be young.




The end result some painted nails for all the girls and pretty fleurs for the house, what more can a girl want?!

I started my sewing course last night and unfortunately it turns out that it is going to be a 10 week course and not 5 weeks as I originally thought. The downside is that we don't get to make a proper garment, but just something very basic, like a pinafore dress for Es. The upside is that I will definitely learn something and I can do the 10 week course in September so I can learn how to do a concealed zip, so it's not all bad. We learnt how to take the correct body measurements last night, something I have seen my mother do a million times, but as I didn't know the terminology its was very useful indeed. The job now is to find a pinafore pattern and some fabric in time for next Monday, yikes.

So I have finally signed my blog up to Bloglovin, as google reader is coming to an end soon. You will find the 'follow this blog with bloglovin' tab on my blog. I look forward to seeing you there.
Enjoy the sunshine!!
Hannapat
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment