Thursday 3 October 2013

Crochet-A-Long (CAL) week 1

Joining in today with the lovely Chrissie from Chrissie Crafts and Marianne from Ladybird Diaries for the first of their Crochet-A-Long (CAL) series. I won't be joining in any specific projects, but will just be working on projects that I need to complete before the end of November and then for Christmas.



My very first crochet project was a hat, so I am quite fond of making hats as it conjures up wonderful memories of learning a new skill at a time when life seemed a bit glum. I can't believe that this is now already two years ago (give and take a few weeks), gosh time flies when you're having fun.


It is a simple shell cap and it is super easy to make. I got the pattern from watching this YouTube video. I have made tons of these as a friend commissioned me (ooh that sounds posh!) to do around 15 hats among many other bits for Christmas presents and I have also made some as presents for people. I love this pattern it is super easy and it is such a darling little cap. Little Es has outgrown the one I made two years ago, so this will be her new winter woolie and going by her fondness for her first, I know she will love it.




Time to put kids to bed, but back tomorrow with my Friday Bake and there is a little button ready to grab for anyone interested in joining in.


Warm Wishes
Hannapat
xoxox

11 comments:

  1. Hello.
    Your crochet hat is so pretty! The stitch effect it so delicate and what a lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty colour, a gorgeous little hat. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a such a lovely comment, if you want to email me, my email address is in the about mebit on my page. Would be great to chat and compare stories xx
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty little hat! A lovely shade of pink, too...looking forward to your Friday baking! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty little hat and I love the colour...it looks so soft, pretty and feminine. So happy you are joining in with the CAL. Hope you are having a great week.
    Marianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous little cap Hannapat, in a sweet colour too; enjoy the CAL and all the best with your Friday Bakealong.
    Love, Joy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! Oh my goodness, how long did it take you to make 15 of them?
    Thanks so much for your visit and kind comments, it is greatly appreciated. Have fun with your Friday bake. I will pop in later to see what you made. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh its gorgeous, im gonna check out the youtube video!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah Hannapat this is so sweet and charming, just love it. I am not that good at crochet but am going to try a bag from N Trench's book and see how I go - have to move on from granny squares for goodness sake! You have a lovely weekend Hannapat and I am looking forward to the baking........yum yum
    Big hug and lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a pretty little cap and I like the colour too.

    ReplyDelete