Tuesday 1 April 2014

Mothering Sunday

I just quickly wanted to drop in to share a few of my Mothers Day moments with you and also share my lovely little blog swap that I did with the gorgeous Penny behind L is for love.



Jo from Three Stories High organised a lovely little handmade Brooch swap and I was fortunate to be paired up with the very lovely Penny from L is for Love. She sent me two very beautiful brooches and a very beautiful beach pebble that she covered in a crochet jersey and then for a little love she also included a gorgeous little lavender bag, thank you Penny, I really love my gifts and I have my brooches pinned on my jacket that I am wearing in SA.



I am really not a brooch maker, but I quite enjoyed making Penny's brooches for her. So this is what I sent her, a little embroidered brooch and a lace and crochet brooch. Thanks Jo for organising.
 
So now on to Mothering Sunday, I didn't have the best starts to my day as it seems that my health has crashed again and some days this just seems a little too much if I am honest, but nothing that two small kids jumping on the bed can't put into perspective. It is times like this when you realise just what really matters and even though I would like good health, all that matters at the end of the day are the people around me and the love we share. It was so lovely to be pounced upon by two small creatures baring gifts and gorgeous cards and I was so very touched by the beautiful poem that little J wrote for me and the fact that little E couldn't just give Mummy one card, no it had to be three, all 'because mummy is special', oh how blessed I am to have two such perfect and beautiful children.


A poem for Mum
 
Gifts for my Mum
I will give you
a beautiful rose that smells
of love
a bowful of cheesy yummy lasagne
a stirring cheetah on the African planes
hearing the ocean splashing around
in a hermit shell
and a cuddly hug from me
 
What a gorgeous poem and it is clear that this six year old already has some insight into reverse psychology as he attempted to order his favourite food, lasagne! It sure made me giggle.
 
 
 
I was so spoilt with a gorgeous plate that I have wanted for quite a while. I spotted this on Etsy quite a while back and just thought that it was the perfect Mothers day gift and fortunately for me hubby was quick to act. I am not normally a Wedgwood fan, but this gorgeous plate has my birth year on so I just felt really drawn to it the minute I saw it. Now that I have it, I am really beyond delighted with it. I also received a beautiful dress that I can't wait to put to good use during our holidays.

 

Dad and little J baked me a vegan and gluten free chocolate cake, which was beyond delicious and I am not sure who loved it more the kids or me. They would have eaten the entire cake if they were allowed and what is great about this cake is that it is also free from refined sugar. Definitely worth a try.


Fresh bread was baked by the darling other half, the picnic basket was packed
 


the most idyllic spot by the brook secured (not that we had anyone else to compete with)
 








 



 
and lots of fun was had by all. The kids just ran around for hours on end laughing and having fun. They enjoyed endless downhill races where the fall at the bottom seemed the biggest hit (pardon the pun). They crossed streams not always too successfully and little E got absolutely sopping wet, but fortunately for Mamma this called for lovely cuddles under the picnic blanket. It was a perfect Mothers Day, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and two such gorgeous and funny children, thank you for making my day so special.
 
I hope you all enjoyed your Mothers Day in the UK, I know that my Mum and those in Oz & NZ and America will be celebrating it in May, so we look forward to sharing it with you then.
 
Warm Wishes
Hannapat
xoxo
 


14 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely Mother's Day. Your gifts are very pretty and you all had a nice time together. Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Hannapat, this post is so beautiful it has moved me to tears! I actually feel the love and appreciation overflowing from you! Little J's poem is so gorgeous, whether he's hinting for lasagne or not, and Little E's cards and her sweet little face with yours makes a beautiful pic! Lovely presents, yummy cake and fresh bread and gorgeous family, what else could anyone ask for, apart from good health, and I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles again my dear friend and do hope you can 'hold it together' during your much anticipated holiday!
    The brooch swap has obviously been a good thing too and they are all so pretty - well done, and I love 'Penny's' covered stone as well! All your mandalas as well as picnic basket cover are fab! You clever girl you!
    Take good care of yourself and do check out the announcement when you have time and energy!
    Much love and healing light coming your way - yeah, it'll find you in SA! Joy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day, despite nasty old ME trying to get in the way, the poem and cards are so beautiful as are all the brooches I hope you are having a wonderful time in SA my friend
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day, it sounds blissful. Beautiful photos, especially the one of your and her, it's gorgeous. Sorry you've not been feeling particularly good, I do hope things improve soon. I hope you're having a nice week, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day my friend, it looks like it was a perfect day.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have been sick dear Hannapat! But I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day with loved ones. All your creations look fabulous and the picnic looks like fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Hannapat, it gives so much joy reading your post.Good to see that you've had a wonderful day although your not feeling well. Love the plate you received , it's very beautiful.I do hope you have a wonderful time right now and in good health. Anita xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post, bursting with love from your wonderful family! Love the brooch swap goodies, and all of your crochet, too! The best thing about being international mums is that we get two Mothers Days, hooray! ;-) Hope you're having a lovely time down south...cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great swap brooches and beautiful mothers day gifts, it looks as though you have been having some fun times. Your mandala's are beautiful and doing nothing to help me trying to not want to make more!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Lovely Hannapat so sorry that I have not been in touch - too much going on unfortunately. I am playing catch up with my comments although I have been following your lovely blog. What a wonderful Mother's Day you had and so well deserved. I loved your brooches - both those you received and those you swopped - brooches are a real favourite of mine and I wear one every day. I adored your gifts, how thoughtful and wonderful to keep and along with your fabulous day out with your family what a wonderful way to spend your special day. Have a wonderful Sunday Hannapat and hope to see you very soon. Sending you all my hugs and loves
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a perfect day and your picnic spot was truly gorgeous. I love the picture of all your treasures you received. So cute that one would just not do. Your mandalas are beautiful! I love them all. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can feel the love in this post.
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award because you and your blog has captured my attention. Thanks for the connection and the inspiration. You can find the nomination here:http://zanashomemade.blogspot.co.nz
    Please feel free to accept or ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello lovely, what a lovely swap you did with Penny. I enjoyed taking part in Jo's swap too, it was lots of fun. It looks you had a lovely Mother's Day and the poem you had written especially for you is just lovely, so special and words to treasure.
    Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I somehow missed this post, I do hope you're feeling at least a little better now and that your long silence doesn't indicate you're still struggling with your health x

    ReplyDelete